Good (snowy) morning!
It’s the last day of Winter, yet we just got walloped with more snow here in Massachusetts. I’m ready for Spring!
Last night I made the most delicious recipe and I’m excited to share it with you. I got the idea last week sometime when I was looking over all the ingredients I had in my fridge. I had an onion, some sweet potatoes and lean ground beef, so I decided that it would be fun to mix them all together. Who wants just an other old burger…ya know?
I went to Whole Foods and found this delicious looking Island Teriyaki marinade. It’s organic and not too high in sodium and thought it would be the perfect sauce for my “hash.”
Island Hamburger Hash
1 tbs coconut oil
3 small sweet potatoes (baked, then chopped)
1 vidalia onion (chopped)
1 1/2 c. frozen chopped spinach
1 lb. lean ground beef
Teriyaki marinade of choice (as much as you desire to cover all the ingreidents and seaon the beef)
*Originally I wanted to add pineapple and didn’t buy any because I thought I had a can at home. I didn’t. #fail
1. Bake the potatoes for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees. You want them baked, but still a little firm. When the potatoes are done, chop them up in to bite size pieces.
2. After baking the potatoes, chop up the onion and sautee the pieces in the cocnut oil until lightly browned.
3. Add the spinach. Pour in some marinade. Sautee for about two minutes.
4. Add the sweet potatoes and the ground beef. Pour in some more marinade.
5. Stir until the beef is fully cooked. Serve in a bowl with some sliced avocade. Enjoy!
I can’t even describe how delicious this dish is. The cool avocado on top totally made it. I have plenty of leftovers for my lunches at work this week. Woohoo!
Have a great day! Let me know if you try this 🙂
What crazy food combinations have you made lately?