Hi Everyone! Busy day here at PjsAndYogaPants. Two recurring posts in one day-whoa!
Let’s start with Foodie Penpals, shall we?
Foodie Penpals Reveal Day
August was my second month participating in the Foodie Penpal program and I’m loving it; here’s a little info about it:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
-If you’re interested in participating for September, please go to The Lean Green Bean’s site and CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!
The program is a ton of fun! This month my penpal was another Southern girl, but this time from Houston, TX. Pam sent me all kinds of local goodies and most of them have been happily finished off 🙂
I loved everthing in my box because it was all new to me. I had never had any of this before. Teeny was also excited.
First up, beef jerky. I’d always been scared to try it, but this was delicious!!!
A little bit sweet and a little bit spicy…kind of like me 😉
Then there were chili lime lima beans and blueberry jalapeno preserves.
I have definitely never seen dried lima beans at the store before, so I know this is really southern. I haven’t tried the preserves yet, but Pam said it’s delicious on biscuits or with cream cheese and crackers. I can’t wait to try it!
Then there was this Pecan Brittle. O.M.G. So good!!! It was the first thing to go. LOL
So thank you, Pam, for my awesome foodie box 🙂
Five for Friday
I did ok on my goals for this week. Hmm…
1. Cook something not containing chicken. I made turkey burgers! Still a bird, but not chicken- it still counts!
2. Make it to boot camp 2 times. I never went because I nervous after hurting my back last week. I don’t want to feel like an old person! Gah!
3. Go on a 3 mile run. I only made it two miles. This week, is the week my friends. I see a 3 in my future!
4. Schedule an appointment with my Chiropractor. I did! Next Friday on my day off, I’ll be in for a check-up. Want to stay aligned and all that good stuff.
5. Finish Bossypants. I finished it and it was awesome. I totally love Tina Fey even more than I did before. She’s so smart and funny. Definitely reccomend this book if you want a fun read that will actually make you think about some pretty important issues, such as women’s rights and Alec Baldwin 😉
Here are my goals for the next week:
1. Use my George Forman Grill. I have steak in my freezer and it wants to be grilled 🙂
2. Run 3 miles. I’m still trying!
3. Work out 4 times. Seems lame, but my workout motivation has been lacking lately. No excuses really, just a little blah and tired. I’m going to change that this week!
4. Start a new book. I want to read the newest Sookie Stackhouse book or start A Game of Thrones (the show is amazing).
5. Take my car for a car wash. My little Civic needs some TLC.
I really like making these goals for the week. Even if I don’t hit them all, I think it’s good to stay aware of things I want to accomplish and keep on track for taking good care of myself.
How about you? Do you write down goals? What’s the biggest goal you’re working on right now?
I hope you all have an awesome Labor Day weekend. Eat some delicious food, enjoy the end of the summer and relax a little, ok? 🙂